HVAC Maintenance Benefits
One of the best things you can do to extend the life of your HVAC system is to adhere to a routine maintenance schedule. Regular HVAC maintenance is highly beneficial and it can help ensure your system stays reliable and efficient. We typically recommend scheduling your maintenance appointment in the Spring or Fall. By doing so, you can make sure your system is in good working order throughout the summer and winter.
Still not sure why routine HVAC is important? Air Force Heating and Air has come up with a list of the 7 biggest benefits of HVAC maintenance.
7 Routine HVAC Maintenance Benefits
- It’ll Give You Peace of Mind. When you make sure your HVAC system is in tip-top shape before summer and winter, you can rest easy. You won’t have to worry about your system breaking down at the worst possible time.
- You Can Save Energy. HVAC systems that aren’t properly maintained usually have to work much harder to properly heat and cool homes. During your maintenance appointment, we will perform a number of tasks that can improve your system’s energy efficiency. Some of these tasks include:
- Visually examining your ductwork
- Testing your system’s airflow
- Tightening any loose connections
- Lubricating your system’s moving parts
- Testing your system controls
- Cleaning/changing your air filter
- Testing your thermostat’s calibration
By completing these tasks, we can increase your home’s energy efficiency, which can lower your bills.
- You Can Improve Indoor Air Quality. When air moves through your ductwork, it will pick up loose particles, dirt, and allergens that your filter doesn’t catch. These particles can enter your home, which can cause a whole host of issues. The most common indoor air contaminants include:
- Pet Dander
- Mold & Mildew
When you have your system serviced, we can ensure the air in your home is properly filtered.
- You Can Increase Your Comfort. Any number of HVAC issues can dramatically impact your comfort. Leaky ducts, reduced airflow and an otherwise malfunctioning HVAC system will be unable to properly heat/cool your home. By having your system serviced, we can ensure none of these issues impact you and your family’s comfort.
- You Can Extend Your Equipment’s Lifespan. Properly serviced and lubricated HVAC systems undergo less wear and tear as they age. Their parts will move freely and air can easily pass through them. Keeping your system maintained will increase its overall lifespan.
- You’ll Have Improved HVAC Safety. A clean, properly maintained HVAC system is much safer to operate.
- You Can Lower Repair Costs. One of the best parts of routine HVAC maintenance is that we can often identify and fix issues while they’re still small. This means it’ll cost much less to repair it than if you waited until you had a full-system outage.
Schedule Your HVAC Maintenance Appointment Today!
Are you ready to schedule your next routine maintenance appointment? Contact the experts Air Force Heating and Air today. We look forward to taking care of you and your HVAC system.