In Georgia, a working HVAC system is a must at any time of the year. It’s important not to wait until something goes wrong to know who to call. You need an experienced contractor to provide high-quality repairs. These are some qualities to look for in a repair company, plus tips for finding the right heating and air conditioning repair contractor in Sharpsburg, GA.
Qualities of a Good HVAC Repair Contractor
Calling up and hiring a company at random isn’t a good idea. Knowing the attributes of a reliable heating and cooling contractor will benefit you in the long run. The things that you should look for include:
- Experience: Check the company’s years of experience. The longer it has been serving clients, the better, but generally, look for businesses that have been operating for at least five years. If the company prioritizes installation on its website, dig deeper to determine if it provides quality repairs and maintenance as well.
- Equipment: HVAC manufacturers often specify the types of tools and equipment to use on their systems. Familiarize yourself with these and ask the company what tools and materials they use during service. Using the wrong equipment for the job can cause serious damage to your AC or heater.
- State Requirements: Requirements for licensing, training, insurance and bonding vary from one state to another. In Georgia, an HVAC professional must have at least five years of work experience to become licensed. This ensures they’re familiar with all types of repairs and repair techniques.
- Safety: Training includes learning about key safety issues, which is important because HVAC repairs often require working with refrigerant, electricity, and other dangerous elements. Following the proper safety procedures keeps the technician, you, and your home safe.
- Permits: A licensed HVAC contractor must pull the appropriate permits before starting service. If the company isn’t willing to pull a permit or says it’s not necessary, your safety may be at risk. Handling permits shows the company is trustworthy and committed to quality and safety.
- In-Home Evaluation: A direct look at the issue lets a contractor determine exactly what is wrong. They can then determine the type of repair needed and what it will cost. You can compare their estimate to quotes from other companies, including when considering a replacement system.
Tips for Finding a Heating and Air Conditioning Repair Contractor in Sharpsburg, GA
Reputation is an important attribute when looking for someone to repair your furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner. To assess the sentiment clientele have about the business:
- Ask for Suggestions: Talk to family members, friends, coworkers, neighbors, and others who have a positive view of a contractor. If so, they can provide you with the company’s name and phone number.
- Search Online: Search for “AC repair near me” or “heater repair near me”. Google is very reliable in terms of identifying businesses where a search originated from. You’ll receive a list of local HVAC companies to research and contact.
- Use Online Directories: Search directories such as Angi, Yelp, White Pages, Yellow Pages, or the Better Business Bureau. If you find ratings, always read into reviews to fully understand what they mean.
When evaluating contractors, it helps to narrow down your list to three potential companies. You can get a good assessment of an HVAC company by reviewing its website and social media pages. Then you’ll want to contact each one directly and ask a few questions.
Questions to Ask a Heating and AC Contractor
- How long have you been in business?
- What types of experience do you have?
- Is your company insured and bonded?
- Are technicians background checked and drug tested?
- Does every employee have the proper licensure?
- What warranties and guarantees are included?
- Will you provide a detailed written estimate?
- Can you provide me with references?
Signs You Should Avoid an HVAC Contractor
If a contractor evades your questions or outright refuses to answer them, that’s an ominous sign. Also, avoid a company that asks you to pay in advance, has pages and pages of fine print in its contract, or orders spare parts from an unreliable source. Don’t work with any contractor that hasn’t completed payments on the equipment it installs; you may be held liable to cover additional expenses.
Contact Air Force Heating and Air
Our licensed, trained, and factory-authorized technicians provide high-quality HVAC repairs in Sharpsburg and surrounding areas. You can expect on-time arrival and fast service as our service vans are stocked with common parts and equipment. We ensure you’re not without heating in winter or cooling in summer. Starting with a thorough inspection, our crews troubleshoot the system and fix it right away. To schedule service with a reputable heating and air conditioning repair contractor in Sharpsburg, GA, call Air Force at 706-350-7896 today.